DoiT helps developers and system administrators at digital-native companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of their cloud estate.
In the following sections, we'll briefly go over the main capabilities of the DoiT Platform.
The table below is an overview of our support for Google Cloud (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure:
|Feature||Google Cloud||Amazon Web Services||Microsoft Azure|
|Consulting and support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Costs analysis and optimization|
|Lenses||BigQuery Lens, GKE Lens, GCP Lens||AWS Lens||No|
|Cost history widgets||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|EC2 Spot Scaling||N/A||Yes||N/A|
Cloud Analytics reports give you instant visibility into your Google Cloud and AWS costs without having to spend agonizing hours manually scanning through cloud bills.
- Analyze cloud spend to identify optimization opportunities.
- Build customized reports and share them with others.
- Monitor costs on the go from your phone.
- Detect trends in your cloud usage
- Forecast your cloud spend across all time ranges and any cloud services
- Cross-check your SUD/CUD credits with by-the-hour reporting.
Attributions are a flexible way to group cloud resources based on your business aspects, helping you understand the cloud costs and relate them to the business in your Cloud Reports.
When reporting on cost and usage of cloud environments, you may need tailored metrics to measure key performance indicators in your organization or business. For such purposes, you can build your own metrics using basic metrics and attributions.
Rightsizing for Google Cloud
When you create an instance in Google Cloud and it is under-utilized, you are paying more than you should as a result of idle resources. With instance rightsizing for Google Cloud, you will:
- Get notified of idle resources across all projects, and potential savings from rightsizing.
- Identify and delete and/or modify idle VMs in two clicks.
- Never pay for underutilized Google Compute instances again.
Purchasing compute commitments is a great way for you to reduce your compute costs for stable, predictable workloads.
However, getting compute commitments just right and then managing them is a manual, never-ending process. DoiT Flexsave™ automates this for you while maximizing your compute discounts.
As powerful as BQ is, it comes at a high cost depending on your analysts' behavior and how your BigQuery architecture is set up. Adding on to this, trying to identify BigQuery resource inefficiencies without knowing what you're looking for can be time-consuming.
The BigQuery Lens Dashboard is your Swiss Army knife for highlighting inefficiencies in your BigQuery usage. It analyzes your team's BigQuery behavior, aggregate information, and display the most important statistics for you.
Cloud sandboxes (or DCEs — disposable cloud environments) offer engineering teams a safe and controlled environment to run experiments, test, and build out new features without worrying about impacting production infrastructure. While easy, simply creating a new Google Cloud project cannot be considered a "complete" solution due to the lack of built-in budget management, self-service for developers, and governing policies.
Cloud Sandbox for Google Cloud gives admins and developers the governance and autonomy they both need, respectively, all while connecting to their Google Cloud Organization.
Cloud quota monitoring
Every cloud provider has resource quotas for things like VPCs, CPU cores, and more. If you'd like to change that quota, you can request more, which may take hours or days. Sometimes your quota limits can, without warning, be hit by a surge of demand that causes you to hit those quotas. When this happens, you're forced to wait for your ticket to be addressed.
With Quota Monitoring for Google Cloud and AWS you can stay on top of your cloud quotas with proactive monitoring. You'll get notified when you're approaching quotas. This way, you'll keep services always running by adjusting limits ahead of time.
With so many moving parts in the cloud, it's critical to keep a finger on the pulse of your costs. However, unless IT regularly monitors cloud spend, sudden spikes in resource costs can remain undetected for weeks — until the monthly bill arrives.
Cloud cost anomaly detection offers end-to-end monitoring of spikes in your AWS & Google Cloud usage & billing, seamlessly, across all your projects and services.
Cloud support and advisory
As a DoiT customer, you have access to battle-tested senior cloud engineers around the globe.
Within the DoiT Platform you can:
- Create consulting and support requests
- Escalate support requests
- Share support requests with others
- Get access to exclusive training, professional services, and ISV solutions
DoiT Platform gives you complete self-service management of assets across Google Cloud, AWS, Google Workspace, Microsoft Azure, and Office 365.
From your Assets page, you can:
- View all cloud subscriptions in one place.
- Create a new Google Cloud Billing Account and/or an AWS account.
- Invite an existing AWS account
- Purchase additional seats for Google Workspace and/or Office 365 yourself.
- Automate subscription management with auto-provisioning for Google Workspace, guaranteeing there is an open seat at all times.
- Tag Assets for classification and invoicing purposes (e.g. team name, cost center, location, etc.).
Additionally, you can view your order history of all licenses and subscriptions across all of your cloud products.
DoiT Platform gives you capabilities to customize how you'd like to be billed via Billing Profiles, Invoices, and Invoice Buckets.
Billing Profiles are for when your company has different entities requiring separate invoices. You can create as many Billing Profiles as required, per your needs.
Invoices across all cloud platforms and their current statuses can be easily accessed. Any tags placed on assets will also appear in invoices so you can more easily identify invoice items.
Invoice Bucketing lets you create custom buckets and assign specific assets to those buckets. This is especially useful when you have different cost centers using different assets and want to bill them separately.
Via the Contracts page, you get self-service access to all cloud contracts you are being billed for through DoiT.
User and role management
Use User Management to:
- Add colleagues to your DoiT Platform team.
- Management Billing Profile assignments.
- Configure notifications for alerts like payment reminders, new invoices, and more.
- Set up and grant roles that give access to various DoiT features.
Managed cloud support
Within the DoiT Console you can resolve your cloud issues quickly with hyper-responsive and unlimited support from DoiT — at no extra cost.
- Open tickets with experienced Cloud Architects and Engineers.
- View open or historical tickets and their statuses.
- Share tickets with other team members.
- Stay up to date on any cloud incidents across all clouds you use.